You want to improve your UX design skills, but a live class isn’t practical and UX conferences don’t have what you need. There’s plenty of free classes on the web, but of course you get what you pay for. You need online classes that are short, practical, insightful, and engaging.
Great design satisfies users and their goals. In this class, you will learn to create practical scenarios and apply them when making decisions. You will see several examples—both good and bad—and fix the bad ones. The class ends with an exercise that uses scenarios to evaluate a design.
UCD puts users in the heart of the process. In this class, you will learn to create practical personas and apply them when making decisions. You will see several examples—both good and bad—and fix the bad ones. The class ends with an exercise that uses personas to evaluate a design.
An intuitive UI is a goal for every project, yet few people understand what it means. In this class, you will learn the definition and attributes of intuitive UI, when it makes sense to be unintuitive, plus two ways to evaluate your designs for intuitiveness.
The traditional design review process is mostly a waste of time. In this class, you will learn the attributes of effective reviews, how to set appropriate goals and how to achieve them, plus tips on giving and receiving effective feedback. The class ends with a design review exercise.
UX Design Edge is pleased to add on-demand classes to our UX design training lineup. Each on-demand class focuses on a single important UX design topic in depth, for about an hour. They are professionally produced by a company that specializes in online training, and very attractively priced. And since they are on-demand, you can enjoy them at your own pace. Their only prerequisite is a desire to learn or improve your understanding of an important design concept, tool, or technique.
What people are saying
- I couldn’t help but talking about everything I learned the moment I walked into my office this morning with my fellow interaction designers.
- Amazing class! Drastically changed what I thought I knew about UI.
- Answered the ambitious question with not only what an intuitive UI is, but how you can create one.
- Changed the perspective on looking at the UI… very good session.
- I learned a lot, and your talk has already helped me with a program I am writing.
- Enjoyed the better codification of determining “intuitive” than what I’ve come up with over the years and the tools to help get buy-in from others.
- Really enjoyed this class. Gave me a better understanding of UI. Everett was great!
- Great class from Everett McKay on design reviews. I learnt something new!
- Gave me a different perspective on UI design and reinforced thoughts I’ve had about the process. Thank you!
A virtual class on UX should have a great user experience itself, so here is my approach: